Tinte Cellars’ Love Letters to the Elderly
Join Tinte Cellars as we send some love to those who may be isolated or lonely in our community. Pick up a pen or crayon, and create a handwritten letter or card to brighten their day. We’re partnering with the Northshore Senior Center, who will disperse our love letters.
1. Letters must be legible (large print) and handwritten. No worries if you aren’t artistic – make your card like one you would like to receive.
2. Embrace creativity! Recipients will love it when the letters are personal. We encourage you to make your letters detailed, thoughtful and heartfelt.
3. Be kind and thoughtful (more than talking about yourself). This is a one-way letter exchange, meaning you will not receive a letter back. No reciprocation is part of the beauty of your act of kindness, and the recipients won’t feel burdened by feeling obligated or being unable to respond.
4. Avoid using religious themes, phrases or quotes.
5. Exclude the date (day, month, year).
6. Please put your letters in an envelope but do not seal it. If you are sending more than one letter, leave all the enveloped letters unsealed and unstamped and put them in a larger envelope or box to send.
7. Please exercise health-aware precautions, such as cleaning your writing instruments, and wearing gloves and a mask when you are writing your letter
Anything to make the elderly smile and feel connected to something outside of their house would be greatly appreciated!
Mail the letters/cards to the following:
Corey Lowell, Director of Senior Centers
Northshore Senior Center
10201 E. Riverside Drive
Bothell, WA 98011